Hello friends and happy hump day!
As you all know, I hosted a Pure Via Stevia giveaway which required the participants to send me their favorite Pure Via recipe. The winner is then awarded a summer fit kit, which includes a Lipton Iced Tea can, Pure Via Stevia sweetener, two Pure Via Stevia liquid sweeteners, chap stick and a Pure Via cup.
The winner of the giveaway, Ms. Lisa, sent me this fantastic recipe:
Coffee Cake for One!
For the batter:
- 3 tbsp spelt flour (or white. For gf: a commenter had success with 1 tbsp rice flour and 2 tbsp almond flour.)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 stevia packet (or 1/32 tsp pure) or 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp oil or melted margarine or applesauce (I prefer the oil/margarine, but that’s simply because I’m not a fan of fat-free baked goods.)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the streusel: (If you like a lot of streusel, feel free to double all ingredients below.)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 tsp sucanat or brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp oil or melted margarine (once again, use applesauce if a fat-free version is desired)
- tiny, tiny pinch salt
- 2 pecan halves (or walnut halves)
(If using an oven, preheat to 330 F.) Combine batter dry ingredients and mix well. Add wet and mix until just mixed. In a tiny bowl, combine all streusel ingredients. Fill a greased muffin tin 1/2 way with the batter (or a ramekin or mug, if using the microwave). Sprinkle on two-thirds of the streusel, then spoon the remaining batter on top. Finally, sprinkle on the rest of the streusel. Cook 12-13 minutes in the oven, or around 1 minute in the microwave. (Microwave times may vary.)
THANK YOU LISA FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL RECIPE WITH US! CONGRATS =)