So I got home this morning at 8 o'clock in the morning (EST) and pretty much dragged myself onto the bed. Work went well, but I was pretty tired. I woke up at about 1:30 pm and went for a nice and easy 8 mile run. My breakfast consisted of old-fashioned oatmeal, fresh strawberries and hard-boiled eggs (- the yolk).
You're probably wondering what I eat at work. My shifts are 12 hours long and NO, I do not eat out. I try to eat as healthy as possible, which results in expensive grocery bills and a lot of time devoted to preparing my meals for work.
Even though I work on the road, I don't like eating out because it's usually unhealthy and can get pretty expensive.
Here's a sample menu of what my nightly meals at work looks like:
From left to right:
1) Sweet potato, 4oz grilled organic chicken breast and veggies (w/ olive oil)
2) 1 cup of brown rice, 4oz grilled tilapia and veggies (w/ olive oil)
3) Hard-boiled eggs, veggies and avocado
4) Spaghetti squash, 4oz grilled organic chicken breast and veggies & topped with vegan cheese (cheese substitute)
5) Glowing green smoothie (w/ all the essential greens such as, kale, romaine lettuce, broccoli, celery, carrots and an apple)
6) And miscellaneous snacks such as, a pear and raw almonds
It's a time-consuming task, but I enjoy eating and feeling healthy.
Can anyone suggest a new recipe??