I personally enjoy eating raw almonds, so here's a recipe I recommend to try (it's VERY VERY easy):
- 3.5 ounces organic dark chocolate (I prefer >70% cocoa)
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Break dark chocolate into pieces and place in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until the chocolate is melted.
- Toss almonds with melted chocolate and evenly coat them.
- Place the cocoa in a small bowl. Add a large spoonful of almonds to the bowl of cocoa and toss gently with a dry spoon. Make sure each almond is covered in the cocoa. Remove the almonds to a plate and let the chocolate dry. Repeat until all the almonds are covered with cocoa.
- You could eat them warm or cold.
- Eat and enjoy!!
I love this kind! I actually freeze it after opening it in order to preserve it.
Voila! Here's what the almonds will look like.
This recipe could be done with any kind of nuts, such as walnuts and hazelnuts.
Benefits of eating nuts:
- Nuts have a good souce of heart-healthy omega-3 (ALA) that may lower cholesterol.
- They are rich in arginine, which improves blood vessel function.
- Good source of fiber, which helps with bowel movements (Girls, you know we could benefit from this!!).
- Nuts are rich in vitamin E.
- Nuts are an excellent anti-oxidant.
But why add chocolate to the nuts you may ask? Well, cocoa and dark chocolate (preferably dark chocolate that's greater than 70% cocoa) may:
- improve heart health
- reduce LDL cholesterol (that's the bad kind of cholesterol)
- reduce the risk of blood clots
- increase blood flow in arteries, heart and brain
- may lower high blood pressure
- and may inprove blood sugar and insulin sensitivity
So my friends, enjoy and have a nutty day!!
What's your favorite kind of nut?