Howdy Friends and Happy Hump Day!
I was feeling pretty sore and tired this morning from yesterday's 22 mile run, so I took the day off from running and headed over to my friend Marion's nail salon. Like always, she did a fantastic job.
She massaged my legs and feet...
And she painted my nails a sassy shade of red & orange
After beautifying my hands and feet, I decided to go home and try a recipe that I found on Pinterest:
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
1. Garbanzo beans (15oz can)
2. 1 tbs olive oil
3. 1/2 tsp salt
4. 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas and put them in a bowl.
Put 'em in a bowl
3. Add oil, salt, and pepper to chickpeas and mix well. Spread them on baking sheet in one layer.
Put 'em in a baking pan...
4. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
Place 'em in the oven...
5. Remove pan, shake around to ensure that the chickpeas brown evenly, and return to oven for another 15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
Remove from oven & ENJOY!!
6.Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
The chickpeas tasted awesome! They smelled like popcorn and the taste was a combination of salty and spicy. Yummmm!!
Food for thought: Garbanzo beans are high in fiber, protein and potassium!