8 mile run
Hello friends! In the midst of preparing for the Boston Marathon, I have delicately chosen the kinds of foods I should eat before the race. This is definitely not the time to experiment with fancy meals or with heavy and greasy food, so I always like to keep it simple yet delicioso (delicious) while still being conscious of my fitness.
Today, I am making asparagus with tahini sauce as a side to a piece of organic chicken. Asparagus is a springtime vegetable, so you will find them almost anywhere such as your local supermarkets and at the local fresh market. I always suggest eating organic veggies because they are healthier and cleaner.
Here are some fun facts about asparagus:
1. It's a natural diuretic which cleanses and detoxifies your body (YES, that explains why your urine smells so weird after you eat those long green things =)~ )
2. It balances insulin levels thus preventing diabetes.
3. It's an aphrodisiac so it increases your libido (Oh La La!!)
4. It fights depression and puts you in a good mood =*
5. It's a powerful antioxidant.
Maybe that explains why the Green Giant is so big and jolly?
1. Fresh asparagus spears
2. 1 tbs Tahini Sauce
3. 1/2 tbs Agave Nectar honey
4. 2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
5. A dash of sea salt (optional)
6. 1 tbs Olive Oil
1. Place the asparagus in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
3. When the asparagus is done, place the sauce over the asparagus. Voila! It's ready to eat!!
What's your favorite asparagus recipe? Please share!