I'm so thrilled to say that today I went to the gym and did a total body workout with weights. Granted, I was using the 5lbs weights, but that's ok because at least I feel a lot better! After my weight lifting session, I went outside and jalked, yes jalked! I jogged so slow that I was pretty much walking. Anyway, I jalked 2 miles and then called it quits. My knee feels about 80% better, but I still have to rest it so it could heal up completely.
After my run, I decided to head over to Publix (the local supermarket in South Florida) and buy some groceries for the week. These are the guidelines that I follow when I buy food at the grocery store:
- Most of the food that I choose are on the perimeter aisles (this is where you find the meat, produce and dairy products).
- I try to choose foods that are fresh versus in a can or frozen.
- I stay away from highly processed foods that contain artificial ingredients and a ton of sugar.
- I make sure that I am not hungry when I go grocery shopping so that I won't "eat with my eyes." People tend to pick up things that they normally wouldn't choose because they're hungry.
- I choose foods that are whole wheat and organic if possible.
I spend most of the time here.
I grabbed: green beans, raw garlic, oranges, grapefruits, asparagus, sweet potatoes, bananas, fruit bowls and avocados.
Plain Greek yogurt.
Organic cold-pressed olive oil.
Organic oat bran.
I hope these tips helped!
What do you normally buy when you're at the grocery store?