30 min stationary bike
- Dumbbell lunge 4x10 (each leg)
- Lat pull-downs 3x20
- Smith machine squats 3x20
- Barbell bench press 3x20
- Leg press 3x20
- Standing barbell curl 3x20
- Tricep bench dip 3x20
4 mile run
I hope you are all having a wonderful hump day! As for me, well I've been kind of busy moving and what not. I know I know, how impromptu of me. Hubby and I decided it was time to move from Broward County and back to our home town Miami. Despite the few miles between the two counties, Miami cannot compare to any other city (Biased opinion of course!). What can I say, I was born and raised in Miami, so my fondest memories have always been there.
Anyway, we spent Monday night packing up all of our stuff. We literally packed everything in 4 hours! We were totally exhausted!
Hubby packing up boxes.
Just getting started...
I woke up the next day at 4:30 am and went to the gym. I biked for 30 minutes and then I did a strength training session. When I got home the movers were already waiting for us.
English translation of La Barata: The Cheap. I'm not making that up! Milo hired a Cuban moving company from Miami.
It took about 4 hours to load that truck. I was tired just looking at the movers carrying all those boxes and furniture. After the truck was loaded, we headed home to Coconut Grove.
The "Welcome" sign to Miami. Yes, you read correctly: Little Havana. You gotta love this place =)
My fav part of the house: the backyard. It's 12,500 square feet. That's an anomaly in Miami. Hubby and I love entertaining so this will be an ideal place for barbecuing and having small get-togethers.
This is a map of Miami. The portion that is highlighted in red is Coconut Grove.
Fun Facts about Coconut Grove:
- It's the oldest inhabited neighborhood in Miami (settled 1825).
- The area is often referred to by locals as "The Grove".
- One of Miami's most prominent outdoor festival is the Coconut Grove Arts Festival.
- The eastern border is Biscayne Bay.
- The following movies and TV shows featured scenes in Coconut Grove: Bad Boys, Scarface, Dexter, Marley and Me, Burn Notice, Meet the Fockers, The First 48, Golden Girls and CSI: Miami.
- The following celebrities have or had homes here: LeBron James, Madonna and Sylvester Stallone.
This is why I love Coconut Grove:
This is the Key Biscayne Bridge. It's about 2 miles from Coconut Grove.
Coconut Grove is a haven for every kind of athlete. It offers a great route to this wonderful bridge and it has the most scenic running and biking paths. From Coconut Grove I could venture out to Key Biscayne, or to Downtown Miami or to Coco Plum. This is one of the reasons why I moved here. Running is pretty much my number one hobby and passion, so for me, it's important to live in a place that is conducive to my sport.
Does running or another sport determine where you will live?
I am grateful to live in a place where tall palm trees
surround me; where the salty scent of the ocean fills
the air and where the sounds of pelicans could be heard
from far away places.