Hello friends and TGIF!!
I got up this morning and felt pretty amazing so, I decided to do a 7.5 mile run to Key Biscayne. When I returned home, I set up an exercise station that included a mat, dumbbells and a medicine ball. My HIIT (high intensity interval training) session consisted of:
4 sets of:
20 lunges w/ a bicep curl
20 wall ball shots
This is how you do each workout:
Lunge w/ bicep curl: Targets biceps, glutes, quads, and hamstrings1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, dumbbells next to thighs with palms facing forward.
2. Lunge forward with right foot, bending knees 90 degrees; keep right knee aligned over ankle.
3. Push through right heel to stand up; as you come up, curl weights toward shoulders.
4. Do all given reps on right leg; switch sides and repeat.
Sit-ups: Targets abdominals
1. Have your knees bent and the balls of your feet and heels placed flat on the ground.
2. Place your hands on opposing shoulders, so that your arms are crossed over your chest, or behind your head. This allows you a central rising point.
3. Keeping your heels on the ground and your toes flat to the ground, slowly and gently lift your head first, followed by your shoulder blades.
4. Hold the position for a second.
Wall Ball Shots: Targets quads and hamstrings
1. Front squat with a medicine ball.
2. Followed by a quick and powerful extension of the legs and hips.
3. Then followed through with a launch of the medicine ball overhead and up to a target on the wall.
What did you do today for fitness?
I am grateful for seeing the sun rise today
when I was out for a run.