4.5 mile run
Hello friends! I decided to write a post about
Here are some tips to consider when you run in the rain:
- Use Vaseline or body glide on your body. I would suggest to use it on your inner thighs, chest (around the nipple area for men), and on your ankles and toes. The ointment helps avoid the friction and chafing that comes with wetness.
- Wear reflective gear. You could wear a vest or a light. This is a safety concern because drivers cannot see well when it rains.
- Wear the appropriate gear. I think that a cap is a must. This avoids water and debris from falling into your eyes and face. Make sure it's a light dri-fit cap and not one that is made out of cotton. Cotton can be heavy on your head. If it's cold outside, you might consider wearing gloves and a windbreaker. If it's not cold, I would suggest wearing light and comfortable clothing. Also, consider wearing light socks as they will get wet and soggy. Just face it, you're gonna get wet!
- Watch your step. Look out for puddles and for the white lines on the road. Holes on the street are usually disguised with puddles, so be careful. Also, the white lines may be slippery, so don't step on them.
- Watch out for your electronics. I wouldn't suggest running with them, but if you absolutely need your phone and music gear, then consider bagging them inside of a Ziploc bag and/or buy a water-proof case for them.
Do you enjoy running in the rain?
I'm grateful for the rain because
it's the perfect weather to
sleep and watch movies.