Hello y'all! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
I cannot believe that we are celebrating Halloween today. It seems like just yesterday I was by the poolside working on my tan. Anyway, I won't bore you with my thoughts of how unhealthy candy bars are, and I won't be that woman who gives obese children letters instead of candy, but I do believe that there's healthier treats to eat during Halloween. Check out this cool Paleo "Almond Joy" candy bar recipe that I discovered on Living Healthy with Chocolate:
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/4 cup coconut oil
5 tbs coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs raw honey
hint of salt
1/2 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips (preferably dark chocolate because it's healthier)
1. Mix the shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, vanilla extract, honey and salt.
2. Line a medium loaf pan (8 1/2 x 4 1/2) with parchment paper and press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
3. Refrigerate for about 1 hour and cut into small rectangles of approximately 2 inches long by 1.5 inches wide then return to the fridge.
4. Melt the cacao butter and chocolate chips.
5. Let the chocolate cool for about 5 minutes.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place 2 almonds in each coconut bar and dip in the chocolate using a fork.
7. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens then double dip the candy in the chocolate.
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
What are you doing for Halloween?
I am grateful that today is
my Friday at work. Waiting for