35 minutes on the elliptical
Dumbbell plie squats 3x20
Stationary lunges 3x20
Dumbbell lateral raises 3x20
Dumbbell upright rows 3x20
As I was working out today, I began reminiscing about marathon training and I how much I missed running my long runs and then going home to eat a big and hearty breakfast. I started thinking, if I were doing a long run this Saturday, I would eat pumpkin pancakes afterwards. But what the heck? I think I'll have them anyway! =)
Here's a healthy version of pumpkin pancakes thanks to Running to the Kitchen. They are inspired by the Paleo diet and of course, the Fall season!
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbs coconut flour
1 tbs ground flax seed
2 tbs vanilla protein powder (optional)
hint of salt
1/2 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup egg whites
2 tbs honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
coconut oil for cooking pancakes
1. Heat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix together the wet ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add the wet and the dry ingredients together.
5. Grease the griddle with coconut oil.
6. Pour the batter onto the pan and spread out into a pancake shape.
7. Cook until ready.
Enjoy with some fresh fruits =)~
What's your favorite pancake flavor?
I'm grateful that I was able to
donate two bags of clothes
to the Miami Rescue Mission last night.